As the Plan Administrator, you are responsible to ensure that each member applies for coverage in your benefit plan within 31 days of the member’s eligibility date. Enrollment can be done in two ways:
- Have the member sit with you to answer all application questions as you complete the WEBS™ process for adding a new member. (Refer to the WEBS™ Online Administration User Guide for complete instructions.)
- At the end of the WEBS™ process, print the WEBS™-generated Enrollment Application for the member to sign and date.
- Securely file the original signed Enrollment Application in your office. GroupHEALTH will require the original signed Enrollment Application to process any future claims for Life, Dependent Life, AD&D or ASI benefits.
Enrol-ME based Process
- Send the member an invitation to enroll in their benefit plan online using Online Enrolment Management.
- Employees living in BC and Quebec can e-sign their enrolments; in other provinces, members will be required to print and sign that enrolment card.
- Once the invitation is created and sent, the member completes the enrolment and GroupHEALTH assigns a certificate number.
- Provide the member with a paper Enrollment Card with instructions that they must return it fully completed in ink with signature and date.
- Use the information on the paper Enrollment Card to add the new member to WEBS™, or submit a copy of the completed Enrollment Card to GroupHEALTH via WEBS™ file service, mail or fax.
- Securely file the original signed Enrollment Card in your office. GroupHEALTH will require the original signed Enrollment Card to process any future claims for Life, Dependent Life, AD&D or ASI benefits.
Note: The original Member Enrollment Card should be kept in your office in a very secure place, as it is an important legal document.
You are responsible to ensure that each eligible member enrolls in your benefit plan within 31 days of the member’s eligibility date.
Each newly enrolled member must be provided their Benefits Handbook and oneCard which GroupHEALTH will print and mail within 3 days of processing the enrollment. A copy of the oneCard will be available on WEBS™ as soon as GroupHEALTH approves a new member, provided the member is already effective.
If the member does not complete, sign and date the Enrollment Card within 31 days of becoming eligible for coverage, they become a Late Applicant.
If the member is not Actively at Work (i.e. sick or on an approved Leave of Absence) on the date of eligibility, coverage will be delayed until they return to active work. Hold the Enrollment Card until the member returns to work, then submit it to your Client Services Representative or Benefits Specialist with an explanation outlining the nature of the absence and the return-to-work date. The member’s coverage effective date will then be assessed.